Perimeter is a unique real-time strategy game that was first released in 2004. The game takes place in the distant future where humanity is on the brink of extinction. You are the leader of a group of people trying to survive in a hostile environment. To do this, you must learn to control the terrain around you and use it to your advantage.
One of the most interesting aspects of Perimeter is its unique gameplay mechanics. The game revolves around the concept of terraforming, where you can transform the terrain around you to create different effects. For example, you can create mountains to block enemy attacks or a network of communication towers to improve your communication capabilities.
In addition to innovative gameplay, Perimeter offers a compelling story and stunning graphics. It’s the perfect game for anyone who loves real-time strategy games and is looking for something unique and challenging. So why not download Perimeter today and see what all the fuss is about?
Perimeter PC Game Preinstalled Free Download in Direct Link. Perimeter was released on May 21, 2004.
More about this game
Perimeter is an innovative real-time strategy game that pits players against each other or AI opponents in a life-or-death struggle to seize territory and establish critical protective “perimeters.” Players will be introduced to the game’s unique “terraforming” feature, which will allow them to move, construct, construct and destroy the map environment. Set in a future where the Exodus civilization has abandoned the dying Earth, the game offers a well-balanced mix of new terraforming principles and turf wars with traditional strategy elements. Key Features:
- Fast and strategic action in real time
- It introduces terraforming principles where players can build or destroy the game world’s environments themselves.
- State-of-the-art engine and graphics delivering powerful gameplay and solid audio and visuals.
- Detailed science fiction universe with original soundtrack, including high-quality electronic music. Perimeter is affected by the closure of GameSpy on May 31. You can continue playing over LAN, DirectIP and GameRanger.
- SW: Windows XP/7/8
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4+ or AMD Athlon XP 2GHz and faster
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Graphics: nVidia or AMD video card with 128Mb VRAM or more
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 4 GB of available space
- Additional notes: Online play is no longer supported, LAN play is possible
Pros and cons of playing on the perimeter
Perimeter is a real-time strategy game that mixes traditional elements of the genre with a unique touch. While there are many positives to this game, it’s important to consider the potential drawbacks before diving in.
- Engaging gameplay: Perimeter offers a combination of base building, resource management, and combat that provides a satisfying challenge for players.
- Innovative mechanics: The game’s distinctive feature is the ability to transform terrain in real time, allowing for creative and strategic tactics on the battlefield.
- Fascinating story: Perimeter presents an intriguing plot that explores the mysteries of an ancient alien civilization.
- Customization options: Players can customize their units and buildings with a wide range of upgrades, improving their strategic capabilities over time.
- Multiplayer mode: The game offers a multiplayer mode that allows players to compete against each other in epic battles.
- Steep learning curve: The complexity of the game can be overwhelming for new players and requires a significant investment of time and effort to master.
- Low resolution graphics: The game’s visuals are somewhat dated, which may put off players who prefer more modern graphics.
- Variety of limited units: While the game offers a decent variety of units, some players may find the selection limited compared to other real-time strategy games.
- Repetitive gameplay: Some players may find the gameplay repetitive over time, particularly in single-player mode, where the missions are very similar.
- Unbalanced multiplayer: Multiplayer can be unbalanced at times, with some players exploiting certain strategies or units to gain an unfair advantage.
Overall, Perimeter is a fun real-time strategy game that offers a unique spin on the genre. However, it is important to consider the pros and cons of the game before deciding if it is right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Perimeter Game
Q: What type of game is Perimeter?
A: Perimeter is a real-time strategy game, focused on base building, resource management and tactical warfare.
Q: What is the objective of the game?
A: In Perimeter, the goal is to gather energy and use it to create units, structures, and defensive walls. You must use your resources wisely to capture enemy lands and destroy enemy bases. The ultimate goal is to achieve a balance of power and control on the ground, as well as find and activate the ancient artifacts necessary to save your people.
Q: What makes Perimeter unique?
A: Perimeter introduces a number of unique game mechanics. One of the most notable is the terraforming function, which allows you to create and modify the terrain in real time. This adds a whole new level of strategy to the game by allowing you to alter the landscape to support your units and defenses in different ways.
Q: Can I play Perimeter alone or is multiplayer required?
A: Perimeter allows both single-player and multiplayer, so you can play alone or with others. The single-player campaign contains a series of challenging missions, while the multiplayer mode features five different game types and up to 8 players.
Q: What are the minimum system requirements for Perimeter?
A: Perimeter can be played on Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 with a processor speed of 2 GHz or higher, 1 GB of RAM and a video card with 128 MB of memory or further. It also requires a sound card and approximately 3 GB of available hard drive space.